1) Have netatalk and cups installed.
Use backend from http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=net...6107821&w=2 (offline?) Download papwrap.pl (use your favourite search engine)
3) Save papwrap.pl to /usr/lib/cups/backend/
4) "mv papwrap.pl pap" (this step is not strictly necessary, but avoids confusion later)
5) "chmod +x pap"
6) Start atalkd
7) Restart cups
8) Find your printer in the list output by "lpinfo -v", and confirm that it is reponsive using "papstatus -p printer_name"
9) Add the following in your /etc/cups/printers.conf:
<DefaultPrinter alias> Info alias Location DeviceURI pap://printer_name/ State Idle Accepting Yes JobSheets none none QuotaPeriod 0 PageLimit 0 KLimit 0 </Printer>
10) You may need to restart cups.
11) Refer to your distribution's documentation to find out how you can make a startup script that will start atalkd in the background when your system boots up.
created 10 June 2004
last updated 12 December 2008